Sunday, January 25, 2009

My parrot...

Gaby has decided in the last week or so that she's going to be a parrot. She repeats EVERYTHING I say - it's so funny, and also rather impressive, her language acquisition is increasing each day, and never fails to amaze me! She came into my bedroom this morning when she woke up & told me to get dressed - I said "no, give me a couple of minutes to wake up" - and what'd she say? "Be patient Gaby"... which I just so happen to say to her about 1 thousand times a day! Rather funny to hear her saying it.

I had basically a whole weekend without Gaby, which was weird. Refreshing but weird! Friday night Mum & Dad had her & then Saturday night Serena had her - then Sunday during the day she was at her Father's. I got all the housework done & had a chance to relax and actually sleep - feel a lot better on an emotional level now. Of course I missed her though! I was in the car at one point & a song of Pink's came on - that Gaby sings along to, and it made me sad that Gab wasn't there to make me giggle at her singing! This weekend Stu is having her on Saturday night - he was meant to have her the last 2 weeks in a row but each week something 'came up', so we will see what happens this weekend.

I think he thinks I want him to have Gaby overnight just so I can have a little break - but that's not the reason. I think it is important for him & Gaby to spend as much time together as they can - because Gaby is getting to an age that she's going to start notice if she isn't seeing him much - and I want her to have a close bond with him, which is only going to come from spending decent amounts of time together. I want them to BOTH be comfortable with her spending the night there, incase there is a point in the future that he needs to have her for longer than 9 hours a week! Hard to figure it all out though. I was admittedly really p*ssed off each time he told me he could no longer have her over night.. it's hard to not do things to 'pay him back' - because as much as I'd like to do something mean & vindictive - the only person who is going to suffer is Gaby.. and I don't want that...

0 comments: