Thursday, January 29, 2009

'mobit'...

Yesterday Gaby vomitted (properly) for the first time. Poor thing. She came out of her room after her nap & I smelt the stench of vomit straight away - she had puked all over her pillow. We cleaned that up and went into my room to read books. She got off my bed & then started retching & next thing I knew, I was COVERED in vomit.

Strange thing - I didn't once thing "oh gross", or feel the need to be sick myself -like i can guarantee I would have if it had been someone else who'd thrown up on me! I didn't know what to do first so stripped off, put my dressing gown on, then took Gaby to the bathroom & put her in the bath. After I'd cleaned her off I cleaned up the vomit from my bedroom floor - and Gaby took a lot of interest, telling me I was "cleaning the mobit". I think she thought that she had been naughty for throwing up everywhere, so I reinforced over and over that it wasn't naughty and she had no control over it!

Luckily there was no more 'mobit' after that episode, but last night she was very cuddly and didn't want me to leave her room while she was awake - I think finally she went to sleep just before 10pm, only 3 hours later than usual...... Today she seems to be a bit off colour - she was very grumpy earlier, but at the same time very clingy. I hope she isn't coming down with some nasty bug... I hate seeing her sore or sick!!!

Not too bad I thought - she's 27 months old & now is the first time she's vomitted.... Here's hoping it doesn't happen too often!

0 comments: