Saturday, August 15, 2009

Grandma time!

my little princess, gorgeous as ever

Grandma & Arthur are up for a few days, and Gaby is loving being able to see her Grandma!!! I think last time we saw them was in April?, when Stacey came back from Aus, so it's been a few months. It's nice that Gaby has time to spend with her Great-Grandmother, not something all little kids have the chance to do. She is off to her fathers today, I would have preferred him to have her on Saturday (so Grandma could have all Sunday with her), but he had 'plans' - which turned out to be going whitebaiting... awesome to think he'd sooner spend time outside in the wet, cold, muddy weather, than with his own daughter!

finally, sleeping in her own bed

Everything is going great with Gab sleeping in her own bed! Yay! I think we've finally broken the curse of the not-wanting-to-sleep-in-her-own-bed-ed-ness! It's lovely to see her sound asleep in her own bed, and knowing that she's getting a better sleep than if she was in my bed - and it doesn't hurt that it means I also get a good nights sleep! She's had a few nights where she's slept right through in her bed, but usually she hops in with me in the morning at some point - I think usually around 6-ish? She hops in and goes back to sleep, so I don't really mind!

Only really 2 months + 1 week until Gaby turns three! I'm absolutely flabbergasted, as to how she has gotten so big, so fast... It doesn't feel as if she should be approaching three - two maybe, but not three. Then I look at her - and listen to her, and it's undeniable that she's going to be three... She is getting pretty tall now, all her size 2 pants are getting too short, whereas about a month ago they all fit fine, and she's just starting to look more like a child (as opposed to toddler), in general. Of course one of the biggest giveaways as to her age, is her language - that child can TALK!!!!!!! I don't know if she's 'advanced' as far as language goes, or what - but sometimes I wish I could find the mute button... 99% of the time I love it though - but it does get to the point that S I L E N C E would be nice!

0 comments: