Sunday, June 7, 2009

The never ending circle of parenting style adaptation

my lil' Mama, giving Georgia a cuddle

Oh my. Gaby is becoming rather assertive. I know it's a wonderful thing that she's reached this developmental stage.... BUT it also has me tearing my hair out!!! She has gone from doing what I ask her to do, when I ask her to do it - without much protestation, to letting me know in no uncertain terms when she doesn't want to do something - when she doesn't want to go somewhere, when she doesn't want to wear something, eat something, read something, play something... I guess it's just a glimpse of how she is going to be as she gets older.

... crazy monkey!

I always figured that you would have a parenting style that was the same right throughout your child's life - but I am fast learning that as your child changes (grows older, reaches more developmental milestones & stages) - you have to adapt your parenting style right along with the child! Seems that when I get on top of parenting - when I figure out the best way to deal with negative behaviour, positive behaviour, tantrums etc etc - that is the time that Gaby decides to change. It's a never ending circle!


0 comments: