Tuesday, October 6, 2009

20 days to go!

Only 20 days now until my 'baby' turns 3!!!! We have decided to not really have a party for her - we'll just have a special afternoon tea with immediate family & perhaps Sarah & Rikki, and Gaby's boyfriend Josh & his Mummy - Serena. It's going to be so exciting to see how she reacts this year, now that she seems to understand the importance of birthdays (well, that birthdays=presents & cake!)... I just hope she likes what we got her!!!

Terri was up on Saturday for around 24 hours - before flying out to Thailand! Was good that Gaby got to spend some time with her - they made a tent (though not as extravagent as last time!), went out early in the morning & played at the playground, then got Macca's for breakfast... Gaby was at Stu's for the afternoon, so Gab didn't get to go to the airport with us to see Terri off - but that kind of made it easier! Well, less stressful!

Under a week now until Gaby starts kindergarten! Exciting!!! I can't wait to see how she is after her first couple of days there, whether she has found some new friends, whether she likes the teachers, whether she adjusts easily - I believe that answer will be a YES to all of the above, but I guess there is always a chance for things to go a little pear shaped huh...

It's so cool to see her growing, and having all these new experiences - though I'm sure the time will come where I will wish I could stop time & go back to when she was still little & depended fully on me. Bittersweet to think that in two years time, I will be saying "only 20 days until Gaby is 5 & at school".. gosh, it seems so far off - yet so close at the same time.

0 comments: