Friday, September 4, 2009

Has anyone lost an attitude? Because Gaby has picked one up...

Gaby has had the worst attitude this week!!!!!!! It's shocking!!! Admittedly sometimes it makes me laugh, but it is also a bit scary - she has become so argumentative - and not just with me, but with Nan & Poppa as well. First comment that made me think "what the?" was this:
Mummy: Gab, go and put your sweatshirt on please (talking about a hooded, zip up sweater)
Gaby: No! It isn't a SWEATSHIRT it's a JACKET!
Mummy: Fine - go and put it on then
Gaby: No, I don't want to!
then yesterday when we were leaving my parents house (aka Nan & Poppa), she pretty much disagreed with everything I asked her to do... Me & Mum were trying to laugh without her seeing us, and I think it worked, but mixed in with the laughter was also a little bit of fear.. lol. At the Palms I asked her to get in her stroller so that I could do her up, and her reply was "NO, I DON'T NEED TO BE DONE UP!", I told her if she sat in the stroller, that I wouldn't do her up, and that seemed to diffuse the situation - of course when she got out & Nan did her up, she acted as if we'd just told her that Santa wasn't real, or that we'd thrown away all her toys... Out at the Greyhound racing with Jason, he was sitting on a seat, and Gaby kept pushing him, saying "NO THAT IS MUMMY'S SEAT - YOU SIT HERE" (pointing to another seat). It seemed as if every second word was NO, or a bossy command. Not good!!!! I am trying to tell myself that it is just a phase, but I have a feeling it can only get worse..... and if this is any glimpse of what she'll be like as a teen, all I can say is.................... ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh save meeeeeeeeeeeee!

The joys of a child growing up & becoming their own person!!!

0 comments: