Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Close to three...

In 4 days time, Gaby will be 2 years & 9 months old - it blows me away, because it still seems as though she's the little bubby I brought home from the hospital all those months ago... But she is almost THREE... It seems so old to me, so grown up - so un-baby-like, and well, I guess it is! I'm going to either get her a bike or a LeapFrog Tag Reading System for her b/day - whatever I get her for her b/day, I'll get the other thing for her Christmas present. I'm starting to think about her birthday party - where & when to have it, whether she's old enough for a 'themed' party. I wanted to make her a Thomas the Tank Engine cake for her b/day - but she seems to have started getting over her little Thomas fad, so I'm pretty much back at square one. She does like Nemo & Happy Feet a lot, so perhaps I could do a Nemo/Marlin/Dori cake, or a Penguin cake. I'm not creative, but I LOVE making & decorating cakes!

I've been reminiscing a lot about what it was like when Gaby was a little bub, and about my pregnancy with her. The up & down of emotions, the joy at feeling movements, the anxiety before ultrasounds & m/w appointments... all these memories kind of scroll through my mind, like a slideshow - sometimes there is even music playing in the background.... Ahhhh dear.. I'm getting so soppy in my old age!

0 comments: